.
.
.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Fran Walsh Joins The Music of LOTR

Truth be told, I don't put much stock in dream analysis. I've always been prone to a nightmare or two, and maybe a revelation here or there. I've credited this to nothing more than an overactive or overworked mind. 

But last night was different. I dreamt I was in New Zealand and that a lightning storm was approaching. Reaching down from an unusually clear blue sky, thick, bright bolts struck closer and closer. Startled, I shook awake and lay awake in my bed attempting to reorient myself. After 30 seconds a faint buzzing sound caught my attention. Although silenced, my phone was vibrating to indicate an email had just arrived. "Well," I thought, "I'll just check my email to clear my mind, and then get back to sleep."

I never got back to sleep.

For a few months now Fran Walsh and I have been passing emails back and forth in an attempt to line up our schedules properly. I had asked her to pen a short foreword for The Music of the Lord of the Rings. Anything that she thought was appropriate: musings on Tolkien and music, memories of working with Howard on the films... anything, really. I trusted her implicitly.

This morning's email was from her. The foreword was complete. A sweet note from Fran read:

Hi Doug,

Pete and I think your book reads really well and found it to be completely engaging! Congratulations!


Following was a beautifully written, approximately 1,000-word foreword covering... well, you'll see. :)

To Fran, my lightning bolt out of the blue, I send my limitless and most sincere gratitude.

After nearly 7 years of work, the last piece of the book is now in place.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Image copyrights and trademarks are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law | Original Blog Content Copyright 2007 - 2012 Middle D, Inc. | Original Blog Template by www.blogerthemes.net