.
.
.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Book Update: June, 2008

I haven't done a thorough Music of LOTR book update for quite some time, and since we've now officially reached the beginning of the Summer Solstice, this seems like a good time for some news. As I've mentioned in the Ongoing Discussion threads, the body of the thing is essentially done. Of course, that doesn't mean I've stopped picking at this paragraph break here, that phrasing there. But I am at a point where I feel pretty comfortable showing the full text off. In fact, here, have a look at it...


Click for a better look, but don't lean in too closely, you're apt to do your eyes permanent harm! What you're looking at is the complete book in its mock-up layout... which means it's my own visual assembly, and hasn't yet been pushed to the publisher's art department. Like the liners, the form is pretty essential to the function, so I lay everything out for clarity's sake, even though I know it'll shift down the line. I still have a good number of graphics to insert and, as I say, plenty to text tweaking to do. And of course, those who assemble the actual layout will have a much more artful take on things. 

I'm sure we all remember how much the Complete Recordings liners changed as they went through various drafts. (And if not, see the slideshow here.) Nevertheless, don't let me stop you from wildly speculating what you're looking at above. I know that's part of the fun at it all! ;)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Image copyrights and trademarks are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law | Original Blog Content Copyright 2007 - 2012 Middle D, Inc. | Original Blog Template by www.blogerthemes.net